Saturday, January 1, 2011

On the seventh day of Christmas...

My true love took me on ANOTHER lovely bush walk!

Good morning, bloggy friends! How is your day going? Mine has been wonderful: slept in, got all the chores done, and now I'm going to enjoy some time with my girlies and chow my yummy breakfast cookie!

The story of this bush walk is actually kind of humorous (only because it has been a few days since we went on it). We started out on the bush walk at about 5:30 or 6 P.M. The trail head is in less than half a mile down the road from our house so we figured we would enjoy a little walk through there before bed time with the girls.

The start of the hike was nice. Destiny alternated between Matt and my shoulders for the entire walk. We have found that she is not quite a out door, naturey type of person.

This is a picture of the grass lands where we were walking. They are building a brand new suburb on the other side of it, so I wonder if the animals will stay or go.
Here is a roo that came to meet us with her babies. We saw between 40 to 50 roos that day! We also saw a family of ducks. I accidentally woke them up from their nap and scared them a bit.
Here's where the story gets interesting: Matt and I did not bring a map with us (we will be purchasing a trail map soon!). He figured if we kept on going that we would loop around to where we had parked the car, I just wanted to turn around and retrace our steps and head back to the car. Each turn we went to make the trail became less and less stroller friendly. I was panicked because it was starting to get darker, very shadowy. I could not tell if it was a shadow or a kangaroo ready to punch me! haha! I picked up my pace, in hopes that we would be able to see the car soon and sure enough, Matt was right! We did a big loop and ended up back at the car! Thank goodness!
Instead of an Aussie word o' the day, I am going to provide you with a fun Aussie Factoid of the day: Most trees here do not shed leaves, they shed their bark as their trunk grows bigger. See the picture above.
Here is a big group of roos we woke up from their nap on our hike. I counted about 30 in this group alone before they all ran off! One thing I love about roos is that they shake their heads like my Dusty dog does. They look so cute and silly when they do that!

We are hoping for another fun adventure today if Matt gets off work early!
Enjoy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment