Monday, January 17, 2011

Feeling Zapped

Hello, Friends!

I'm a bit late blogging today. I can't seem to find the perfect rhythm this week...{fancy for I'm a bit behind in EVERYTHING!} No worries though! Things are going pretty great! Matt had Monday off this week so we took a trip to the not-so-sunny beach. It was beautifully sunny in Canberra, but once we hit the coast it was cloudy and a bit sprinkly (we'll call it an ocean mist).

As usual, our trip started with a stop off to a bakery on the way.
It's a tiny town with a great bakery! I didn't realize how big this bakery would be until I popped in there to use the restroom! This place is huge with multiple ordering stations and every kind of baked concoction under the sun! So great!
We rolled with some of these. Aussie donuts are delish!
2 sausage rolls for the girlies, roasted red pepper and mushroom quiche for me, chicken satay pie and meat and potato pie for Matt. Very yummy!
Nowadays if you ask Addi if she has a full mouth she will show you that she does indeed!
We took a quick break to have lunch before we got to the beach. Addi showing off her sausage roll in one hand and donut in the other! She was a happy camper!
While we picnicked in Bateman's Bay we got to see the bridge rise for a boat to pass under. This reminded me so much of Washington state and waiting for bridges.
We hung out at Malua Bay for a bit. It was a fun place to go walking and build sand castles. The water was a bit cold, but some people were swimming and boogie boarding.
The girls got to use their new sand toys!

Matt's first sand castle.

There is nothing quite like a day at the beach!
Near the bay there were a bunch of rocks that jutted up in the water. It was beautiful! Addi and I enjoyed taking a little walk along the rocks and even doing a bit of rock climbing.
Our final, BIG castle :)

The beach zapped the energy right out of us. The girls and I slept the whole way home.

Australia has beautiful beaches and it amazes me that there are hardly any people at them.

On other news: I would really appreciate thoughts and prayers for my Grandpa. He had hip surgery today. He fell and broke his hip on Saturday and they didn't realize it was broken until yesterday. yikes! He came out of surgery fine and will be in the Billings, MT hospital healing.

I'm off to accomplish great things {laundry, making granola bars} while the girls nap!

Enjoy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment