Saturday, November 20, 2010

A 24 Hour Tim Tam Diet

Happy Day to you all!

I've spent the last day on a 24 hour Tim Tam Diet -- it seems like I have eaten SO many Tim Tams, I have let myself eat whatever I want, to help sooth the pain of missing my mom (and every one else from the states). Her leaving was the official -- YOU'RE ON YOUR OWN NOW! It's time to make many great friends here!!!

I hope your day is as fabulous as mine is starting out! I feel so accomplished! I love days that I get up and do exactly what I am supposed to do! Our car is in the shop (we drove it there this morning). As I was driving (all by myself) I had a thought...I never in a million years imagined I would ever drive on the opposite side of the road...I'm pretty proud of myself for putting myself out there and trying new things. It would be perfectly okay if I just sat at home all day and enjoyed my house and yard, but I am getting out of my comfort zone and trying new things (and actually succeeding at them) It makes me feel great!

This morning a man came over to help us set up our security system! No worries over here! We are safe and sound! Plus we have a built in security system (she's kind of furry and has a loud bark!)

Addi wanted to try out one of the rides at the store. They have these rides ALL over here! The girls ALWAYS want to go on them. I still have not given in a stuck money in them...they just sit on the rides without moving! haha! Simple joys in life!

Yesterday, Matt and I ran another 5K around Lake Burley Griffin with a group from the Embassy. This time we had strollers in tow! They girls did great and loved it. The only issue: their fingers got cold so next time we'll wear gloves!
These are the pictures taken after our run. Matt looks less than enthused! haha!
Happy Destiny in her ducky shirt from Jordy!
Addi drinking up her apple juice.
So, here it is EVERYBODY! Our empty guest bedroom...your sweet little head could be laying on these pillows at night after a long day of exploring Australia! Seriously, if you have ever wanted to come to Australia, now is the time! We would LOVE to have you as our guests!
I'll even put fresh roses in your room from our yard!
Here is our family room. I just thought I'd share some pictures of the rest of the house.
And this is the front living room. (thanks to Bekki for the cute sailor picture!)
Another shot of the living room. (toys included!)
Yesterday, Destiny made me a lovely play dough feast!
Matt and I played ladder ball...he ended up getting them stuck on the hose! Pretty impressive. He suggested that it should be worth more points; I think we should have docked him some points :)
A NEW item from our lovely grocery store: Fantastic Sweet Chili and Sour Cream Rice Crackers! SO YUMMY! I'm not sure if you can get these in the states, but if you can, YOU SHOULD! Our neighborhood is predominately Asian, therefore, we have great Asian selections in our supermarkets and there is a large Asian market in our city centre.
Last but not least, this is the view that I see when I go for my runs in the morning. So beautiful! It's just down the street from me and you can see the hills and trees and beautifulness :)
I know this post was pretty random, but I wanted to share some of the pictures from my camera. Hope you enjoyed them.
Aussie word o' the day: pram = stroller...We had to buy a jogging pram in order to race on Sunday. We thought we were buying a stroller, but found out we were really buying a "pram". I love learning new words (the hard way).
Try that one out on your friends!
Enjoy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment