Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Where is your accent from?

Hello! (I have found that people here in Australia tend to say "hello" and rarely say "hi"...That's funny because they often shorten words up especially names. ex. Addison = Addi, Woolworth's = Wooly's)

Anyways, I am having a great day! How is yours? Here the weather is warming up, but not too HOT! yippee! The girls and I LOVE getting out and about! Yesterday I even ventured out by myself in the car! I drove to Gungahlin Centre (the shops). I had to do some grocery shopping and check out a gym I am interested in. Gyms here come at no small price though. The might as well make machines for just your torso because they charge you an arm and a leg!!! haha! I am looking at spending $22 per week to attend a gym...child care is EXTRA and there is a sign up fee! YIKES! After talking to the nice gals at the gym I headed to Wooly's to do my shopping. It always is an adventure to go shopping...I find new a interesting things each time I go to the store.

Here are some fun pics of our adventure yesterday. We went to the park that is one block away from our house:

Swooping Birds! I was not thrilled to see these signs posted at the entrance. If you have read my blog for a while you may remember me posting about the swooping magpies and my past experiences with birds. So far, I have had good luck with the magpies and truly enjoy the colorful birds here.
This picture was taken specifically for Destiny's best friend, Jordi...She wanted to "smile big" for Jordi! Hi Jordi Flo! We miss you! (The girls all have matching shirts so we had to take a pic)
Grandma Sue helps Destiny balance on the balance beam.
Addi showing off her special shirt that matches Destiny's and Jordi's.
Pure Joy...Addi LOVES the swing!
Two peas in a pod...both love swinging and if they can swing at the same time...EVEN BETTER!
The slide is a fun thing too! What a nice little park by us. Once they get the fields mowed there will be quite an area to run along in the grass as well.
This morning, Destiny and I were blessed with an opportunity to attend a playgroup at a different park that is nearly a mile away from us. We took out the big red wagon and rolled on over there. The playgroup is free! Most of the play groups charge a fee because they include a "tea time" or snack time and are at various indoor venues. This one was put on by the community center and a church. It is called "paint and play". They set up art easels and let the kiddos paint, serve a yummy fruit snack, have a dress up station and play dough tables and so much more! What a fun play group! There were probably 60 kids total! Wow! I even met a mum from a few doors down :)
At the play group, one of the ladies working asked me where my accent was from. I thought to myself, "I don't have an accent, you do!" haha! But then I remember, I am the foreign person and I DO have an accent.
Dest loved the see-saw
My little artist
Washing up after painting
All of the art work.
Carrot top! heh-heh! Get it? This was at the dress up station...before the carrot hat was on she had a cape with bunny ears on! What a hoot!
We had a great day! Now mom and the girls are outside enjoying some sun before nap time.
Matt attended a hoity toity even last night at the War Museum here. He dressed in a suit and was served incredible food and given a private tour of the museum. He really enjoyed it and can't wait to take me and the girls there. He is staying busy with work. His workmate's wife is well and finds out today if the tumor they removed is cancerous. Please keep them in your prayers (also, their son has a high temp right now too) poor family.
Aussie word o' the day: mum = mom and bub = baby
Enjoy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment