Sunday, November 28, 2010

Back from our Holiday

Happy Football Day (in the states) It's just another (manic) Monday here :)

Today is a rainy day and I'm disappointed that my laundry mountain from vacation has to wait for another day. I'm hoping for sunshine tomorrow! As the girlies munch on yogurt and bananers I am typing out this blog for all of you to enjoy!

We headed out to the ocean on Friday! More specifically, we spent time at a cottage near Bawley Point and went to a dog-friendly beach near dolphin point and spent some time at Bateman's Bay. It was a lovely vacation!

Dusty rode in the back seat with the girlies! They had a blast back there :) We usually have SUVs so road tripping in a car was a bit crammed, but we rolled with it!
On our way to the cottage we made a stop off at a bakery. Destiny was so excited about the little tart she ordered...then she found out it was LEMON.
Matt and I munched meat and veggie pie and bacon cheese sausage roll. YUM! I'm telling you, the bakeries here are AMAZING! The one we stopped at was in a tiny town on the way. The type of town that you find in rural North Dakota or Wyoming. These towns have one main street with shops and such and the rest of the roads are practically unpaved.
I had my first taste of LAMINGTON. So delish! It's a sponge cake with chocolate and coconut on all sides of it! Are you ready to come visit yet? haha! On the way back from the cottage we stopped off at a different bakery and got some more yummy meat pies and a finger bun. So good. They were eaten before I could get pictures.
We started our trip with a little snack at the cottage for the girls.
Dusty enjoyed the deck at the cottage.
Here's the cabin and my car. This cabin was located on a wild flower reserve, however, the wild flowers aren't quite blooming yet. We did see a few and they were beautiful!


Destiny loved staying in the cottage. There were trees surrounding the road as we drove up to it and she called it the "jungle". The entire vacation she kept saying things about being in the jungle.
Matt and I in the "jungle"
Addi in the car after a session at the beach
For the most part we ate at the cabin because it had a full kitchen, but we did go for a meal out at the starfish deli in Bateman's Bay. The food was incredible! Matt had a Thai chicken pizza that was so tasty and I munched a Greek Salad that was to die for! We found out Addi loves feta cheese too! Who would have known!?!
We were too full for dessert at the restaurant so we got some moist carrot cake for take-away. Matt and I watched a movie and ate our desert as our girlies snored away in the next room!
Tomorrow I'll post some pictures from the beach! There are too many pictures to post in one day!
We had a lovely holiday, but it is so great to be home. Last night we just hung out as a family, watching movies and playing games. The girls had so much fun attacking me on the floor! It's so fun to be together as a family again :)

Aussie word o' the day: Take over lane = passing lane
As we were driving, I noticed the "passing lanes" were called "take-over lanes" on the highway. Take over sounds so much more official than "passing". I would say things like, "And Matt is coming around the inside to take over the white car", in an official race announcer voice!
I hope you all have a wonderful time today! Relax and enjoy some football or just some family time!
Enjoy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment