Tuesday, November 30, 2010

humpty dumpty...

...sat on a wall
humpty dumpty had a great fall
all the kings horses and all the kings men
can't know how to put him together :)

That is what I overheard Destiny saying last night as she played in her bedroom! I LOVE the last line! She makes me smile!

Today is a rainy day here (in fact, it's been rainy all week). It looks like we will be missing out on the paint and play in the park today, but we plan on going to the U.S. Embassy today for a Australian arts and crafts show. I'm hoping to find some great gifts for people! Then it's off to get my drivers license (watch out Aussies...here I come!) and get the vehicle registration updated and it seems like there is something else on the TO-DO, but I forget for now :)

I hear there is SNOW in the Midwest! I Hope every one is staying warm and happy!

Destiny did a GIANT puzzle that she got from her Grandma Sally and Auntie Sam (Matt's mom and sister). She had such a blast putting it together and was happy to lay down by it and take a picture!

Instead of an Aussie word of the day, I'm going to share with you an Aussie food of the day! These bananas are wax tipped bananas...they call them red tipped bananas and they are more expensive than regular bananas. My crew here goes through over a dozen bananas a week, so I thought we would try these puppies out. They were so good and then we researched them and decided we like the concept behind them too!
Here's the website: www.eco-banana.com.au
There is a video on there that explains them. So interesting. We typically get bananas in our box from the farm too (speaking of, we get our box from the farm today, it's like Christmas for me...each week it's a surprise and I get to plan my meals according to what's in the box)
This is a picture of LOVELINESS. Carrot Cake Clif Bars are one of my favorite snacks in the states. When I found them on Drugstore.com, I was SOOOO happy! We ordered some other things too like deodorant, shampoo, etc. It was great to get our box! They even threw in a couple of free-bes! Why order things like this online? Because some of those items are SO expensive here in Australia. I paid over 20 dollars for a bottle of sun screen and Matt paid nearly 30 dollars for lotion when he first arrived. WOW!
Some of you lovely people have been asking what you can send our way for Christmas. Matt brought home a flyer with a description of what you can and cannot send to Australia.
Here are the main things NOT to send:
1. Meat and meat products
2. Dairy and egg products
3. Fruit and vegetables
4. Handicrafts (such as souvenirs, artefacts and good made with unprocessed animal products such as rawhide, feathers, teeth, and bones. Dried flower arrangements or pot pourri, anything with straw, seeds, pine cones, bark, or moss)
5. Plants, seeds, soil
6. Dried plant material such as pasta, tea, pop corn or nuts
There ya have it...they make it pretty easy. If you have any questions don't hesitate to email me and ask!
I better get off for the day! The girls and I are planning to DECORATE for Christmas, drink hot chocolate and listen to Christmas music! Sound like a blast? It's going to be :)
Enjoy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment