Thursday, November 18, 2010

Here Ducky, Ducky!

Hello Friends!

How are you all doing? Seriously! I would love to hear from all of you! I love hearing from the states...even if you just email me with what the weather is like, it's great to hear from HOME!

Speaking of weather, it's been glorious here! Nothing like little kids Christmas outfits that have short sleeves and shorts :) Makes me smile!

Prior to leaving Washington I posted pictures of the flowers in my yard that I so much miss. Much to my surprise, they have been replaced! I have amazing flowers in my yard here. Below is a picture of the roses that grace my entrance walkway. They smell SO good! I had to put a vase in my mom's room.

Mom and Destiny reading a story in the girl's room. I bought Destiny one of the hats the kids wear here. It has a flap on the back that covers their ears and neck! GENIUS! No sunburns for this kid!
I told the girls yesterday that we could take a wagon ride and feed the ducks. (FAIL!) We had our bread crumbs, wagon, Destiny, Addi, Matt, my mom, and me, but where were the ducks. There was a whole bunch in the pond near our house, but it is fences and not accessible. We walked to the next pond in the neighborhood next to ours and there were NO ducks!
Matt looking for ducks!
Isn't it so GREEN!!
Our family
Grandma and the girlies
We finally decided to dump the bread near the pond by our house in hopes that the ducks find it. Addi wasn't sure that she wanted to give the bread up.
Finally she decided to throw it!
Funny story about Addi. When Addi was a baby and didn't talk (only cried) Destiny used to call her a Duck. When asked, "What does Addi say?" Destiny would answer, "Quack Quack"...NOW When you ask Addi, "Are you a duck?" She says "Yep" with a really big head nod. When asked, "What do ducks say?" Addi answers, "Quack Quack Quack". So precious!
This is my mini personal trainer- in her jammies! This morning after my workout I asked her if she wanted to stretch with me. We did some typical stretches and then she said, "mommy, you follow me". She taught me some new stretches that included: making snow angels on the carpet, pretending to drive cars around, jumping super high, rolling on the floor, marching, twirling in circles, and laying down with our eyes covered by our hands being a "house". I so appreciate her! She is a blessing! Now if that doesn't bring a smile to your face, I don't know what will!
If you missed my post yesterday, it is a must read! It includes information on how to mail us. It's as easy as 1-2-3!!

It's time for an Aussie word o' the day: club = gym...That's right. They call their gyms, clubs.
I really need to get signed up for orientation at the club!
Use that one in a sentence today!
Enjoy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment