Monday, November 15, 2010

cow butts and shrimp eyes

Hey!

Nothing says good morning quite like my eggs smiling at me in my refrigerator! Do your eggs smile at you? They must be smiling because they come from free-range chickens :)

Whether your eggs smiled at you this morning or not, I hope you are having a fantastic day! Ours just started here and the sun is shining so that makes me a happy camper. Why, you ask?! Because I can hang some clothes out on the line and they will actually DRY! I got behind on laundry a bit over the weekend and yesterday was a super cloudy day so my clothes have really piled up! I even had to put some of them in the dryer yesterday (don't tell my Aussie neighbors...wink wink)

I found this "lemonade" and I LOVE it! Look closely at the can...what it says on it is hilarious! It's a 440mL "MAN CAN" and yes, I am man enough to drink it!!!
Yesterday we had the chance to explore Canberra Shopping Centre! What a blast! That place is HUGE! Big enough to get lost a few times! We stopped off for some Gelato! So YUM! I will kiss ice cream good-bye if I can eat this any time I want!
It's official! My Auntie Dianne can come visit! I found a crabtree and evelyn store! It's one of her favorites! I love seeing things that make me think of people from HOME! At Canberra Centre, they have a few other stores that remind me of home. A little taste of America, if you will! I also found an adorable children's store called the Pumpkin Patch. Such cute clothes!
For dinner we had a "cultural" experience! We decided to try a steakhouse near the shops. Things I learned: Wagyu = cow (it's the type of beef they serve at the steakhouse, it's a japanese word wa=japanese gyu = cattle) Chips = fries (not too hard...fish and chips in the states) Water comes in JUGS not pitchers, there were "rockets" on my mom's burger and...
Shrimpies come with their heads still attached! aaaaaaaah! I could hardly eat the poor little souls that were looking at me while I chewed their little bodies. I am not much of a meat eater so to have my meat's sweet little face on my plate made me a little sick to my stomach. I made it through though and I am a better person for it...or so I hope I am. Destiny liked meeting the shrimp...she said, "Hi Shrimp", in her sweet little voice and she wanted her picture taken with him.
Matt ordered Beef Rump just because he wanted to say the word rump...I joked that he was eating a cows butt all night!
We liked the gelato so much the first time that we ordered it again at the restaurant. Gelato 2 times in a day makes for a great one! The adults in the group (me, Matt, my mom) also got a glorious brownie that I am going to try to recreate! yum!
The other day, we all paid a visit to Santa at the mall. Destiny was impressed that there was a Santa in Australia too! She asked Santa for "treats". Pretty easy, eh? She got an elf hat as a gift from Santa. Destiny thought Dusty would make a great elf! haha!
Well, I'm off to hang the clothes on the line! (yay) Hope you have a wonderful day!!
Cheers!
Enjoy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment