Monday, November 22, 2010

Lesson Learned : Boys Don't Wear Dresses

Good morning (in Australia!)

Yesterday Matt taught Destiny a valuable lesson that I just had to share! She peeked in on him getting dressed and saw him with his dress shirt untucked...she said to him, "Nice dress, daddy, I like it!" He had to have a little talking to her that went something like, "Destiny, this is a shirt, boys don't wear dresses." I just had to share that! It was too cute to not share!


I hear there is snow in Washington and North Dakota! Winter is starting early! Snow just in time for Thanksgiving! I hope every one travels safely during the snow fall. Here we have sunny skies. Below is a picture of one of our meals out on the patio. We ate every meal out there yesterday! YESSSS! Makes for easier clean up!

In one of my earlier blogs as I was preparing to come to Australia, I wrote that I had a moment of total fear about the ketchup situation in Australia. I was so worried that I would not be able to find Heinz ketchup here. (It's the only ketchup brand I eat) Guess what!!!! I found it (actually Matt did). Here, it is called tomato sauce though. It still has the same great taste! yippee!
Yesterday was kind of uneventful so I posted pics of the yummy food I made for dinner. Here's one of my favorite salads. Roasted Beet Mango Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette. YUM!
Two monkeys joined our dinner party on the patio!

And a third one jumped in the mix...Monkey Bay Chardonnay.
Veggie curry (with a little chicken mixed in for the man of the house) and a lovely piece of Lebanese bread! Delish!
Today, the men are working on the shower again! Hopefully there will be tiles in it today and they will be ALL DONE! I'm crossing my fingers! This has been a process. They started shortly after I arrived here and are just finishing up. I think we have to wait a few days for the grout to dry too! I can't wait to finally shower in my master bathroom!
I see the park in our future today too! Should be a lovely day! Our trips to the park don't last too long. The sun is SO hot here! We basically swim in sun screen before we head out! haha!
Aussie word o' the day: Uni = University. They are building a Uni just down the road from us. It should be interesting to see how busy it gets in this area in the time we are here. The Uni looks so nice and big too!
Okay, I'm off!
Enjoy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment