Sunday, November 7, 2010

Parting is such sweet sorrow

Hello All my Blog Reader Friends!!!

It's good to be back online and blogging again!

As many of you have guessed, we have arrived in Australia and so far it is exceeding my expectations by immense measures! The people here are so kind and go above and beyond to help you. I have enjoyed each day here so much!

I am going to back track a bit in my blog for the next few days.

Leaving North Dakota was so difficult. Here are some of the pictures from our last few moments spent in Williston.

The girls in front of Sue and Pa's house. Look at all the SNOW!!! (I hear it is gone now and that people are back to having rummage sales and wearing tank tops!)
Destiny and Bekki sitting outside of the train station waiting for Amtrak to arrive.

The girls with their Pa!

Destiny and Bekki
Big hugs for a wonderful Auntie! We miss her so much!
Good-byes to Pa.
Our sparkling cider on the train! Destiny said "cheers" about a million times :)
Addi trying to get comfortable in the dining car. She wished she could run up and down the aisles while people dined! We had such a nice train ride. We were in a large sleeper and it was great to sit back and relax and have room for the girls to walk around a play in our room.
Destiny and Sue on the train. Destiny loves the train, but she was really looking forward to leaving on a plane to see daddy!

We had a safe trip and arrived in Seattle as scheduled. Once in Seattle, I hopped a commuter train and hit up SeaTac airport for a rental "train" (suburban!) and headed back to the train station to pick up my crew. Then we were off on the ferry boat to Bainbridge Island! Tomorrow I will post pictures from our fabulous stay with my cousin Lili and Nick!
So, did any of you come up with the word for grilling or barbecuing? Let's put some shrimp on the BARBIE!!!! Aussie words are so much fun and even since being here I have learned so many. Before we can throw anyhthing on the barbie, we have to get one :) The embassy is providing one for us, but it's taking longer than expected.
Cheers for today and I will write more tomorrow!
Enjoy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment