Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Don't Stop...Give Way

Hello!!!

We have a beautiful sunny day here! It's veterans day for us; Matt has the day off and we are headed to a nature reserve to enjoy some of Australia's finest nature!

Thanks to all the past, present, and future veterans! Thanks for serving our country!
A special thanks to my husband :) we love and appreciate you!

Yesterday was a day off for me as far as getting the house organized. I had a brief at the embassy so I was gone part of the day. After the brief we went for lunch in Monuka (I think I spelled that correctly!!?!?) We ate Thai food there and I finished my plate; the Pad Thai was great!

I have gotten a couple of room completely decorated! First I'll show you pictures of the girls room. I think it turned out super cute :)




Addi's view from laying in her crib:
The girls really enjoy their new space!
Here is the formal dining room:

True statement:
While living in Washington, we picked up a box of fresh fruits and veggies from a farm each week. We were so excited when we found a farm in Canberra that does the same thing. They even deliver it straight to our door! Here's our first box...full to the brim with goodness!
We even purchased a loaf of organic wholemeal Sourdough bread. So yum! It came at no small price though ($10) wow! It's worth every penny!
Last night, we decided it was time I learn how to drive on the OTHER side of the car/road! Here I am in my momma mobile :) (notice the GPS in the window...I will be using that MUCH)
I drove to the shopping center that is a mile and a half away 4 times. I can get to and from there NO PROBLEMO!
Do I look scared?!?! I was! Here, they do not have much for stop signs...it's a bunch of round abouts and signs at intersections that say "give way". These signs basically mean to yield the oncoming traffic. With much more practice and just putting myself out there and doing it, I am sure I will make a fine driver!

On another note: Matt's co-worker's wife have brain surgery today to remove a tumor...please keep Margret and her family in your thoughts and prayers.
My Aussie word o' the day comes in a comedic song from the 80's. I hope you enjoy!
Austrailiana

by: Austen Tayshus


Sittin' at home last Sunday mornin' me mate Boomerang said he was having a few people around for a barbie, said he might kookaburra or two.


I said, "sounds great, will Wallaby there?"


He said, "yeah, and vegemite come too."


So I said to the wife, "do you wanna goanna?"


She said, "I'll go if Dingos."


So I said, "Wattle we do about Nulla?"


He said, "Nullabours me to tears, leave him at home."


--Boomerang (aboriginal weapon) Barbie (Aussie slang for barbecue) Kookabura (Aussie bird)
Wallaby (Aussie animal) Vegemite (Aussie food product) Goanna (Aussie lizard) Dingo (Aussie wild dog) Nullabour (highway through the Outback)

This is just PART of the song. The rest if pretty funny too, just not blog appropriate! Well, I'm off to see what kind of trouble I can get into today!
Enjoy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment