Sunday, March 27, 2011

2.5 days

Hi Everyone! Did you miss me? It is amazing what a person can fit into two and a half days. It was a mad dash to Sydney where we attended the conference at Hillsong Church. 5 ladies in one car and 2 in another. Most of us didn't know what we were getting ourselves into! 3,500 women attended this event (all in one location). 3,500! That's a LOT of estrogen...we even dared to mix it with chocolate on a few occasions! In the morning there was a sign that made me think of a special person that I love to say good morning sunshine to.
After every session, we received something as a little "gift". After the first evening session they served us Magnum Ice cream bars that were fantastic! After the morning session they gave us snack packs that included water, apple, a scone, and chocolate. After the afternoon session we got a box of decadent biscuits. After the evening session they put on a fire works show for us. After the morning session on the last day we received another snack pack only this time it had banana bread in it instead of the scone. They sent us off with a t-shirt and water bottle to boot! crazy! The snack packs are pictured above!
Here is a picture of the location of the event. It's huge! An amazing building!
and they had it decorated so nicely just for us!
They put on shows (better than Vegas shows). It was amazing! The lights, the singing, the dancing. AMAZING!
They even had guys who dressed up in dove costumes and provided a variety act (if you will) for the people who were saving the seats before the show actually started.
A ballerina dancing on a piano...beautiful!

It was quite a spectacular time and reminded me so much to be Thankful in life. I find myself thinking through out my daily chores:

"I am thankful to have laundry to hang"

"I am thankful to have a floor to wash"

"I am thankful to have food to cook"

"I am so lucky to have Destiny and Addi to hug and kiss"

Some of these things I have found myself complaining about:

"Oh, I don't wanna do the laundry"

"Ugh, I don't wanna wash my floor"

"I'm feeling too lazy to cook today let's just go out"

"These kids are driving me nuts"


I am thankful for a new prospective to help me be a more positive person and use my abilities to do great things in not only my life, but other people's lives as well.


Enjoy today!


P.S. On a special note: My dear cousin Cora (originally from Fargo, ND) just had her first baby girl!!! Congrats to Cora and her new little family!



No comments:

Post a Comment