Thursday, March 17, 2011

Kiss me!

Happy St. Patrick's Day in the States. In Oz, it was celebrated yesterday, and I was disappointed with the lack of green I saw when I was out and about. I guess they just don't do the holidays up that big here! I could have done a LOT of pinching...Oh well! I hope you are wearing green today :)

Here's Destiny to say "good morning" to you!

Yesterday I took some time and finally started and finished an art project that I have been meaning to do for Addi's room. It's a pastel drawing with paint on canvas. I had so much fun creating this for her. Destiny asked, "where's mine?" I hadn't made her one, but to Matt's dismay, she requested a "cat"! haha! If you know Matt, you know he HATES cats!


This morning we are celebrating St. Patrick's day with a few of our play group friends. There shall be finger painting and green play dough! Sounds like good time to me!
Here is a great Irish Quote that I found:


Here's to you and yours

And to mine and ours.

And if mine and ours

Ever come across to you and yours,

I hope you and yours will do

As much for mine and ours

As mine and ours have done

For you and yours!


Another thing that makes me think of St. Patrick's day is this recipe. I made this a year ago and LOVED every bite of it. If you try it let me know!
Corned Beef Hash:
1/2 lb cooked corned beef, shredded
1 Green bell pepper, diced in 1/2 inch cubes
1/4 c. unsalted butter
1 T chopped fresh parsley
2 large potatoes, diced in 1/2 inch cubes
1 large onion, diced in 1/2 inch cubes
Salt and Pepper
Drop diced potatoes into a large saucepan of boiling water, cook for 6 minutes or until just tender. Drain. In a large skillet melt butter and saute onions and garlic over medium heat until onion begin to brown. Add bell peppers and cook, stirring for 5 minutes. Add shredded corned beef (Hint: to shred meats use two forks and pull meat apart against the grain), potatoes and salt and pepper to taste, increase heat to medium-high and saute quickly until hash has begun to brown and crisp, about another 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat and toss with fresh parley, plate and serve with fried eggs. Now that's an Irish breakfast fit for Brian Boru (not sure who Brian Boru is, but that is what the recipe says)
Enjoy today! Happy St. Patrick's Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment