Sunday, March 20, 2011

Man-Eating Kangaroos!

Happy Monday!!! This morning has been PRODUCTIVE! I love these kinds of days. I ran, I cleaned, I fed the monkeys {I mean children}. Now it's time to go to the store! I love shopping Mondays...if the girlies are good, I'll let them play in the play area near Big W (Aussie for Walmart).


Celebrating St. Paddy's Day with Green Play Dough! What fun!

*******
As of March 19, Matt and I have been married 6 years! That seems like SO long! A wedding, one dog, 2 children and a move across the world later...HERE WE ARE! We had big plans to celebrate our anniversary in Sydney, however, our plans quickly changed when we found there was a HUGE celebration going on here in Canberra, celebrating their 98th birthday! So we hung out around home so we could take in the festivities. Our anniversary looked the same as many of our Saturdays look here in Canberra:
A stop off at the farmer's market early in the morn. There was a teen aged boy playing an accordion! Two little ones in red shirts sitting and enjoying the music!

I often talk about the farmer's market in the blog so I thought I would post a picture of how big of a deal it really is. It is jam packed with people. So many vendors selling exciting food!


After the market we went off on our 5K run around the lake. I have created a monster! I always used to beat Matt when we ran, but now he can run a mile nearly a minute faster than I can! It's good for him; we both feel really good and healthy and that's all that matters. Many of you know how competitive I am though....he usually is in the lead the whole way and then lets me "win" the "race" at the end! That's why I love him and that's why we've been together 6 years :)
Our run was a little detoured this time around as they had a couple of stages set up for concerts later in the evening (my next blog will involve more info. on that). We ended up running up and down grassy hills and going WAY off course.

When we got home I took some pics of our farmer's market finds. The usual: eggs, blueberries, beets, bagels, strawberry rhubarb pie and apple cinnamon muffin. The unusual: Macadamia nut oil! We are excited about this one. We have used it twice now and love it! I can't wait to bake with it!

Later in the day we headed out to an outlet mall and I found my Bride's maid dress for my cousin's wedding! It's so much fun shopping for new dresses! I'm not sure if I have shared on the blog, but we are headed back HOME in SEPTEMBER for my cousin's wedding in Oregon! I am SO stoked!!!! We will be traveling all over the states so let us know if you would like us to pop in and see you!
Aussie sign o' the day:
Man-eating kangaroos: next 3 km?
or Kangaroos and Pedestrians next 3 km?
Who knows?
haha!
******
Aussie word o' the day: Hakuna Matata = "no worries"
We were watching Lion King the other night and Pumba and Timon sang "hakuna matata" I got really excited and asked Matt "Is that song Australian...cuz it means "no worries"?" haha! I was totally joking but then it developed into me posting it on the blog as the word o' the day...so there you have it!
It's bath time for the littles ones and then we are off to the grocery store for a few things!
Enjoy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment