Thursday, March 10, 2011

When the Bakeries see me coming...

Hi Friends and Family!

How is everything going over there in the U.S.? Lately, I feel a bit out of touch. Write me and let me know how life is going for you!

I swear, when the bakeries see me coming I look like one BIG dollar sign. They all get little grins on their faces...they know I'm there to spend some dough (pun intended!)

Today, the girls and I popped off to the bakery to grab a quick lunch after our trip to the grocery store. I saw pizza in the case and I knew that would win over the hearts of my two little girlies. Man, oh, man, was I in for a surprise! I had never ordered pizza at the bakery and it was SO delicious...If you come to visit me for no other reason than to have Aussie Bakery Pizza that would be OK! I ordered a Mediterranean one for me and the girls got a Hawaiian. They were AMAZING! We devoured them before I could get a picture.

Speaking of pictures, my camera has been on the fritz lately. I think I need to find a new one. Any suggestions on small cameras would be great!

Here are a few snaps I took yesterday.

This pretty purple eggplant was destined to become baba ganoush.
Mix it with some tahini, sesame seeds, lemon juice, garlic, EVOO and S+P....DE-LISH! I didn't get a pic of the final product, but I bet you could imagine the party in my mouth when that dip topped my home-made pita chip! YUM-O!

The girls had a dress up story time yesterday here at the house...with me as the "teacher". They were so cute in their princess outfits :)
Today I am currently baking a yummy cake and setting out to create a stuffed pepper of sorts for dinner! We'll see how it goes! Tomorrow we are setting out early in the morning to see the balloon festival here in Canberra...HAPPY BIRTHDAY CANBERRA!!!
Enjoy today!



No comments:

Post a Comment