Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I fought the redback and I won!

Hello Ladies and Gents!

Good morning from Oz! I bet you wish you were here enjoying the beginning of Autumn with me! We could have a cuppa and some Iced vovo and a nice visit on this lovely morning! You are invited...ANYTIME!


Before arriving in Australia, I took a few moments to learn about the animals living here. For a few days I was scared out of my mind to move here and especially to bring children here. There are SO many animals "that could kill ya" here! In fact, just the other day I found one of those animals in my GARAGE of all places! (I bet that makes you want to visit!!! haha) As my title says...I fought the redback and I won!!


The sneaky little bugger was hiding in a corner and he was no match for the piece of paper I held in my hand. I'm sorry, Itsy, I just didn't want my children getting bitten. I did the right thing! To learn more about the Redback Spider and the 14 deaths it has caused go here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redback_spider

After my near death experience with the spider (haha) the girls and I headed out on a picnic at the bell tower with our lovely play group! A small crowd showed up, but it was just what we needed. A beautiful sunny day on the lake.

This is the National Carillon (the bell tower) on Lake Burley Griffin. We settled in under it in the shade of some trees. The girls loved playing with their friends and I enjoyed chatting with the moms.

Destiny getting friendly with a black swan. She was trying to give the swan a toy train...poor swan probably thought it was food. We had a blast playing with a parachute, some balls, and bubbles!! Such a great morning!


As the girls and I walked back to the car, I found this on the ground. It was that this tree was planted by Mrs. Lyndon B. Johnson...Interesting! I went a little off the beaten path and found something really neat!
And here is the special "American" tree!
I couldn't resist taking a picture as I was driving. We passed a croquet club as we drove home and there were many people all dressed in white wearing white hats playing croquet! I love it!! It's things like this that make me go: hmmm...I'm not in the U.S.! haha!
We are off to paint n' play today! Hopefully the rain holds off!
Enjoy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment