Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Q & A with my NDC

Howdy! How is every one doing today? This morning, Addi slept in until after 10 AM...that NEVER happens! We skipped paint n' play and are now cleaning up the house. We'll head out to ride bikes in a little bit so we get some outside time, but first I have to tell you about the FANTASTIC MAIL DAY we had on MONDAY!

I am friends with our Post Office on Facebook. Each day they take a moment to post the mail box numbers who have boxes waiting for them. I was SO excited to see our number! Not only did we have a box but also we had: 2 letters from my dear Great Auntie Mona, one letter from my Grandma and one letter from my cousins in ND. The box was from my momma and included a few goodies from my Great Auntie Mona! It was GREAT!

Here is the mail we got...You can see marshmallows (for my friend Cheri, she really wants to make rice crispy treat so I had mom send us those for her) goodies for the girls, yummy treats for all of us! It was so great!
I titled this post Q & A with my NDC meaning: Questions and Answers with my North Dakota Cousins. 3 of my cousins from North Dakota wrote us letters. In the envelope was a special card from my cousin Caelic to sweet baby Addi. Addi loved the card, Caelic!! We also recieved letters from my cousin Josiah and my cousin Jenae. Both of them asked some pretty good questions and I thought I would share the answers to their questions on the BLOG!

My favorite special treat in the box from my mom (and Great Auntie Mona) dark chocolate peanut m and m. They are nearly gone!

Question one came from Josiah: Do you have a big back yard for the girls to play in?
Answer: Yes, Josiah, we do have a nice back yard. We also have a lovely patio that we can grill on and eat outside. We have the girl's play equipment set up on the patio.

Here is the grassy part of the back yard. Dusty loves this area. The girls like it too. On the far fence is where I hang laundry each morning too! Compared to most of our neighbors, our yard is very large!
****
Question 2 (also from Josiah): Do you have a garden? If you do, what do you grow in it?
Answer: Yes, we do have a garden. This year, since it was our first year, it was a trial and error process. We planted strawberries, carrots, capsicum (red peppers in the states), cucumbers, lettuce, spinach, rosemary, pumpkin (squash in the states), and tons of tomatoes. It is nearly the end of the growing season here, but we just harvested our first red pepper and are constantly getting in big juicy red tomatoes. Earlier we had TONS of cucumbers!
We found out that carrots, spinach and lettice all were a bit difficult to grow. Also, our strawberries were eaten by other critters before we could get to them!
Our first red pepper!

*****
Here is a picture of my cousins from N.D. Jenae in the blue, Josiah standing in back next to Jenae and Caelic in the front. (this is an older picture, they are much more grown up now :)
Question 3 (also from Josiah): For each of you, what has been your favorite new Australian food?
There are so many new, fun foods to try here. These are just our favorites:
The girls LOVE to snack on "Monster Snacks". They are a bit like Cheetos.


My favorite foods come from the bakeries here. I really love the passion fruit/white chocolate scones.

Matt loves the meat pies here (also from the bakeries)
Some of our favorite snack items are TimTams
And Iced Vovo, they are both considered biscuits and found in the biscuit aisle in the grocery store.
Another fun and new thing that we have been trying is called a "babycino" it's the foam from the espresso machine and they serve it with cocoa powder on top! Destiny calls it her "coffee"!

*****
Jenae also shared some questions with me.
Question 1 from Jenae: How is everyone?
Answer: We are all doing very well. The girls love having time spent with play group friends and they always want to be on the run. Matt is busy with work right now; they have many visitors coming until the end of March. I stay busy with housework and the girls. I have also found some time to be a little artistic lately which is fun! I head out for a conference in Sydney tomorrow and I'm looking forward to that!
Question 2 from Jenae: I am just wondering, but what time (Aussie time) do you usually write your blog?
Answer: I try really really REALLY hard to write the blog before the girls wake up in the morning. This usually means that I have uploaded the pictures the evening before and just have to type in the words in the morning. Life doesn't always work out that way so sometimes I write it during breakfast or at nap time which is around 1 PM.
Question 3 from Jenae: How long did this letter take to get to you?
Answer: The date that you wrote the letter is March 8th, the envelope was post marked March 12th. I received the letter on March 21st which would be March 20th in the States.
****
A special thank you to all of you who have written to us. We LOVE getting mail! I was over joyed to see our mail box filled to the brim with letters and packages!!!
I am late with my blogging today so I best be off to let the girls outside a bit before lunch time!
Enjoy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment