Sunday, March 20, 2011

Fireworks, just for us! Gee thanks :)

Hi Friends!

Matt and I have joked from the moment we heard there were going to be fireworks on our anniversary, that they were doing such a display just for "us"! haha! We headed out to the park early and found a great parking spot and a great spot to set up or little camp!

The stage was near us, we could see and hear everything!
This picture flipped side ways, but it's the Aussie Flag on Regatta Point.
Me and Matt in the drizzle.
We brought yummy bagels from the farmer's market to eat. The girls loved theirs. However, Destiny was begging for cotton candy by the end of the night (calling it Ice cream because they look like big ice cream cones)
Addi scarfing her bagel down.
The sign displaying the name of the event. (they didn't call it "Matt and Jill's Anniversary show...I was disappointment)
Fireworks. Matt wanted me to name this blog Fireworks and Mullets, because I'm not sure what I saw more of...yikes!
Destiny was so excited because they played her favorite song!
Me and Addi. Addi loved seeing the fireworks! She just watches quietly.


My beautiful flowers from Matt! I love Lillies!!! (and I love Lili, my cousin :) the flowers always make me think of her!
*******
Something I've wanted to post on the blog for a while:

Conversation in American English:


Person 1: Hi, how are you doing?


Person 2: Fine, how are you?


Conversation in Aussie English:


Person 1: G'day, how are you going?


Person 2: Good, how are you?


Conversation in American English:

Person 1: Thank you.

Person 2: You're welcome.

Conversation in Aussie English:

Person 1: Thank youuuuu.

Person 2: That's okay.


**** I find it very difficult to react to people saying "that's okay" instead of "you're welcome". I think that is something I will NEVER get used to.
Well, we are off to a coffee shop to meet up with some other moms and babes!
Enjoy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment