Monday, March 14, 2011

Up, up, up, Up in a balloon

Up so high I can touch the moon. Up, up, up sailing with the clouds. Look at me, I'm so high, I can fly, I know how.

The words above were in a library book that Destiny fell in love with about 6 months ago. I still have the words memorized because we read it so many times.

This past weekend, we got up bright and early at 5 AM to attend a balloon festival that is going on for a week here in Canberra. It's Canberra's 98th birthday and they are celebrating in a fabulous way! The balloons set sail each morning at 6:30. Here are the pictures from our adventure!

The girls running and playing. Look at those cute smiles!

Destiny, when we first got there. You can see the shape of a balloon behind her. It was so dark and she kept telling me that it was still night!



The balloons going up.
The family sitting and taking it all in. The girls would jump up and down and smile and scream, there's another one....oh look at that one taking off...it's going UP!
There they GO!!

Matt with his coffee.

Destiny and me
Mr. Bow tie balloon.
The fire glowing within the balloon and the sun rising in the background. Beautiful!
A balloon just taking off. The girls loved waving at the people as they flew away!
Sunrise.
The special strawberry balloon from Belgium!
Bye-bye balloons!

Matt got a picture of this balloon over the reflection pool...spectacular!
My handsome hubby!
So, how is everyone doing? I can't blog today without mentioning Japan, but I really am lacking the words to say. I feel a deep sense of sorrow for the people of Japan and ALL people affected by these natural disasters ALL over the world. My prayers and thoughts are with Japan.
Enjoy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment