Sunday, December 26, 2010

On the first day of Christmas...

Hey All!

I am catching up with the blog world today. I have four great blogs ready for you that I will post within the next few days! This blog includes our special Christmas Eve adventure! We have been spending so much wonderful time together as a family and it is so hard to find the time to blog. The kids and Matt are all taking a nap, Dusty is snoozing too, so I thought I would take advantage of some "alone" time!

As I wrote in the title, I have a little song to sing about our Christmas adventures: On the first day of Christmas, my true love took meeeeeeeee...on a hike to the top of Mount Ainslie!

We drove to the top of Mount Ainslie here in Canberra and here is a picture of the sight we saw:

The road leading up the the water (Lake Burley Griffin) is filled with War memorials along the side of it. At the center on the other side of the lake is Parliament. Pretty fancy! eh?

I attempted to "wear" Addi. Before she became a toddler (I'm still in denial) I used the wrap all the time to carry my little babe around. I think the wrap will be going back on the shelf and waiting for baby 3 if that happens!
We ditched the wrap for a much cooler ride:
Daddy's shoulders!
Another view off the Mount. We truly loved the hike. We did it backwards, which was a bit strange. Drove to the top then hiked down and THEN hiked back up. It was a challenge and I dressed WAY too warm for the weather. I ended up with my sweatshirt around my waist and the wrap slung on my arm.
We are so thankful for all of the parks and nature reserves in our area. It is so much fun to go on little adventures!
Destiny looks so thrilled to have Dusty on leash...but where is Dusty haha! Dusty doesn't listen to Destiny very well!
Here's our sweet girl! She says, "merry Christmas!"
Here's a little toilet humor for ya:
haha! I usually don't post pics of the girls doing their business, let alone "take" pics of the girls doing it, but I thought this was priceless! She was so proud too!
For another lesson learned...aka...The Aussie word o' the day: The letter "Z" = Zed...my name has a "Z" in it, I bet you can guess how I learned that they say "zed" here! haha!
I'll be back tomorrow with another fun family adventure!
Enjoy today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment