Monday, December 20, 2010

Who has the spirit?

Hey Every one!

Are you all in the Christmas Spirit? Are the stockings hung? Can you smell Christmas in the air? Have you been dreaming of a white Christmas? I know I have!!!

This year I have had so much fun sharing my favorite songs and Christmas shows with my sweet girls. The have enjoyed them too. Some of our favorites are: Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer and Frosty the Snowman. Each night before bed, we watch a little bit of a classic Christmas movie. Last night was Charlie Brown. {what a cute little Christmas tree!}



To be honest with you...it has been really difficult for me to get in the "spirit" this year. I'm feeling a bit like:

This guy {bahumbug}...or maybe more like:



This guy! {with a heart full of unwashed socks and a soul full of gunk!}
All joking aside...it's difficult to celebrate with out all of the people I usually celebrate with. I so dearly miss my North Dakota family...baking the goodies by mom's side, gathering at the Christmas Eve church service, feasting on "the usual, but delicious" food, playing games and lounging around with the family after we have eaten.
I miss my fun Washington family...all the lovely little ones running around, the incredible feast, and so much laughter surrounding the table.
Matt has asked me over and over what I plan to make for Christmas dinner and I keep thinking to myself..."nothing"...can we just not eat? Can we just forget about it? Maybe we could just sleep through the whole day! Having our "first" Christmas away from the family makes me realize how FAR away we really are.
Those are just my inner most feelings. On the outside, I plan to celebrate in a royal way. The house is over flowing with decorations, the Christmas tree is OVERLY decorated and the gifts are piled as high as the tree, I baked my first batch of cookies this morning and I have a few more batches to prepare in time for the Christmas party we are hosting on Thursday. And the very best part is....IT'S SUMMER! (though in a small way, I miss the snow!)
I hope this holiday season find you happy, healthy and celebrating with the ones you love the most!
Enjoy today!
**the pictures in this blog are not mine, I found them all on google images.

No comments:

Post a Comment