Saturday, December 11, 2010

When one becomes two

Good morning, blog friends :)

Hope you are all doing really well today. I just noticed that my blogs are appearing in an odd fashion on my page. I think I did something wrong, so hopefully you find this post easily. The problem should be all better tomorrow.

I found this funny video last night and thought it was appropriate to share it with you all!


Finally, our hodge podge Chrissie Tree! We bought our little Christmas tree at the sale at the bus depot (see last post) from an old toothless fellow. He recycles wood and makes it into spectacular things. He was so nice and gave us a deal on it that we couldn't resist.
It's our tradition (since Matt and I got married nearly 6 years ago) to chop down our own Chrissie tree in Washington state. This year we had to act out the chopping down of our wooden Christmas tree with a butcher knife.

(don't you love the watering can...signs of Summer here!)
So the wood slats are placed on a rod and you can spin them any which way you would like. It is so cool. On the ends of the wood slats are little hooks to hang your ornaments. It's a very fun tree!
The girls and I decorating it! We watched Toy Story as we decorated.
Matt putting the Teddy Bear holding the Star on top!
It's a little bit Charlie Brownish, but we LOVE it!

I will give you an updated picture, because now it has a bunch of baby toys hooked onto the hooks and popcorn strung along it!
We had a blast as a family decorating our tree! It's a funny thing, having Christmas in Summer, but it's great! We are planning on exploring our new city for the holiday. We wanted to go to the Beach but were advised that it would be crowded and traffic would be terrible. Who wants to sit in traffic on Christmas!?!? Not this girl! I have a few hikes in the area planned for the Chrissie break!
Aussie word o' the day: Shops = Mall...Instead of calling their shopping centers Malls like we do in the states, they call them "shops". i.e. We have to go to the shops today.
Well, I'm off for a fun and busy day!
Enjoy today!

Here are some fun projects the girls and I have been doing lately:
We made a hand wreath

Dough beads and jingle bells to ring when we sing!
Matt made a pit stop at the bakery and came home with this loveliness :) meat pies, veggie pies and sausage roll! so yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment