Tuesday, December 7, 2010

POP culture

Hey Everyone!!

Since moving to Australia, I feel a bit behind on the pop culture of the U.S. I listen to the radio each day (in the background of the girls running around and playing or me exercising) so I know some things. It seems like Australia is really up on the U.S. politics and Hollywood gossip type stuff.

Here is what I have learned from the radio lately:

In Canberra (the city we live it) they are banning plastic bags come next year. Totally banning! If you forget your cloth bags, you buy new ones at the store! Crazy! Although it is crazy, it is GREAT for the environment so I support it 100%!
Here in Canberra, the radio plays the song "Barbara Streisand" by Duck Sauce a lot...do they play it in the states? They also play "The time" by The Black eyed Peas a lot but they complain about how they don't like it. (I don't understand why they play it if they don't like it)



The big news is on the radio is that Katie Perry is getting married. **correction: I was just informed that she GOT married already...they were playing an old interview with her yesterday haha!
The Aussies also love their Zoe...She sings Free Fallin'. Have any of you heard that song?




The biggest news that is mentioned daily is the upcoming marriage of the Prince to Kate Middleton. What a lovely couple! I think it is interesting that they are planning such a huge wedding in a time of financial distress for their country.
So, What is going on in the states? Please fill me in! I love to hear about the pop culture there!
Aussie word o' the day: capsicum = bell peppers Just an interesting fact. We had capsicum last night for dinner! yum!
Today we are celebrating the man of my dreams...he's getting older :) Happy Birthday Matt!
Enjoy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment