Thursday, December 2, 2010

Sample Some Salmon

Hola Friends :)

Christmas came early at our house this year...Wednesday we got our lovely box of fruits and veg! LOVE it!
Bananas the size of your head!

And sweet potatoes bigger than the average hand :)
Yesterday the girls and I had a special dress up type of day. Destiny was Lady Bug Girl.
We read these books about a little girl named Lulu who dresses up as Lady Bug Girl and is super courageous when she does. Destiny loves the books!
Goal number 1 = complete
In the post I linked above, I wrote some goals that I had for my time in Australia. I figured if I had goals my time here would pass quicker and I'd keep busy and not have my mind "in the States" all day. It is good to have one complete...now I need to tackle the next one!
First goal complete : cooking fish
My salmon turned out delish! I served it with honey mustard sauce and a side of Italian style veggies...with fresh parm of course :)

It did NOT disappoint!
Dessert was cherry crisp. I used the cherries from our box from the farm! yum!

Dinner was great, but after dinner Matt and I were talking and I feel like I left my bloggy friends hanging on a couple of subjects that I have written about on the blog. So I'll fill you in:
Update number uno: Our shower. So here is the complete story of our shower. There used to be a bench seat in it that was not sealed properly so there was water damage. Thankfully not enough to damage the adjoining wall. They removed the bench seat and just re tiled (no more seat). It took them a LONG time. They would say they were coming and not show up until the next day and things like that. Alas, it is complete and we are enjoying the convenience of having 2 showers!
Update number dos: Matt's co-worker's wife, Margret. I mentioned her before on the blog and asked for prayers and thoughts for her and her young family. She found out she has cancer and now they are deciding if they want to stay here for treatment or return to the U.S. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.
I feel better now that I know you guys aren't wondering what in the world happened to my shower or to Margret. :)
Today I plan on organizing my craft room a bit...(wish me luck!) I have all sorts of Christmas projects planned for the girls and I need to know where the supplies are. Destiny already asked for a movie (she sees it is raining AGAIN today!)
How is your weather? Snowy? Rainy? Gray, for those of you in Seattle? haha!
No matter what the weather, I hope your day is fantastic! Make sure you give some one you love a great big HUG today.
Aussie word o' the day: Darling or Love = a name you call someone special to you, I mostly hear mums calling their children by those endearing terms :) Try one of these out today!
Enjoy today!

1 comment:

  1. I can't tell which is the banana or Matt's head??? They look the same.

    ReplyDelete