Saturday, December 11, 2010

Super Saturday

Good morning!

How are you all doing today? I hear the ground is covered in sparkly white in North Dakota and rain puddles in Washington! Hope every one is keeping dry and warm! Here, I'm not sure if it's going to be a beautiful day! The clouds look like they are taking over the sunny sky!

I have another blast from the past for you today. It's actually just pictures from Saturday, but usually I'm more up to date on my blog than this!

On Saturday, Matt and I kept saying, "this has been a REALLY fun day!" We started the morning by going to a farmer's market/ craft market at an Old Bus Depot in Kingston (another part of Canberra). It was SO much fun! The vendors were friendly and carried beautiful goods. We even munched on Mexican food for lunch (I haven't found very many Mexican restaurants around here so this was SO good). Here are the pictures of our fun day:

This is part of the Old Bus Depot. The tall stack thing on the far right is part of a Glass works studio.

This is what the bathroom stall door said after I shut it CREEPY!
Here is a picture inside where the vendors were. You could find all sorts of things: home made yarn, plants, paintings, chocolates, door stops, jewelry, and so much more!
Here is my delicious lunch..."Mexican" quesadilla made with potato, chorizo, cheese, rhubarb salsa on the side and a cucumber, tomato salad. So YUM!
Dessert was bought from a vendor. GF White Chocolate Raspberry cake with a coconut topper and GF Lemon Pistachio Slice...I bet your mouth is watering now! In the background you can see our cup. We tried some fresh squeezed lemon ginger hot drink. It was very tart...my mouth puckers just thinking about it!
The girls got little chocolate bears. My mom used to make us these type of bears when I was a little girl. Both the girls gobbled them up so fast you would not believe it!


We had a great day at the markets and I really can't wait to go back! It's so much fun to explore our new city.
Aussie word o' the day: Chrissy = Christmas (This may be a repeat, but I think it's worth repeating if it is)...Try that one out on a friend today...when I used it in an email to a friend she thought I was talking about a person named Chrissy...haha!
Enjoy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment