Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Say "Aaaaah"

Good morning!!

I hope your day is as splendid as mine. Last night I woke up in the middle of the night to a LOUD boom of THUNDER! I heard that there were thunder storm in Washington around the same time. Strange coincidence! I'm always so sad when it rains here...mostly because I can't hang my laundry on the line!

The other day, Destiny had her first visit to the dentist here. Above is a picture of cuddly Addi and Daddy Matt while at the dentist's office.

Destiny was such a good sport...We read the Dora goes to the dentist book and practiced (lucky for me Destiny is really in to playing "doctor" right now, so the switch to "dentist" was pretty easy. We walked in, did paperwork, the dentist called Destiny back, she hopped in the chair and sat with her mouth open wide. She did great!

The dentist was located in Canberra city center so we explored a bit after her appointment and found a lovely park to play in.

Destiny showing off her teeth:

We made some lovely snowmen as an art project to hang in the hallway, our house is slowly getting decorated for Christmas!


Christmas came early again in the form of a box of fruits and veggies!
Cabbage bigger than my head!
And MORE Garlic! So exciting!
Who's ready to cook? ME-ME-ME!!!!
Here's another food Aussie word o' the day: sultana = raisin I eat sultanas every day in my oatmeal breakfast cookie!
Try that one out on your friends today :)
It's story time Thursday at the library so that is what we are up to today. I hear that Mrs. Claus will be joining in on the fun today! The girls will love that!
Enjoy today!

2 comments:

  1. ok...im alittle lost on the box of food? COuld you explain alittle...and also you mentioned that you buy from drugstore.com don't you pay alot for shipping?

    ReplyDelete
  2. the box of fruits and veggies is from a farm in the area...we pay to have them deliver a box of fresh, organic fruits and veg and milk to our door each week (it's even cheaper than buying them in the grocery store!!) I did this when I lived in Washington too! It's a great way to buy local, organic food and support the farmers in the area.

    As far as shopping online, for most of the things it is actually cheaper with the shipping included than actually buying the item here. Also, some items like a certain type of shampoo or toothpaste etc. can't be found here so it's easier to get it from drugstore.com. I know that some websites don't charge shipping to Army Post Office Boxes (we have one) I'm not certain if drugstore.com is one of them, but it works out for us to order from there. I hope that answers your questions. :)

    ReplyDelete