Saturday, December 11, 2010

Santa Clause is coming to...the library!

Good morning!

This morning has started out pretty sucky; it's vacuuming Monday...get it, sucky!?!?! haha! Anyways, as I was vacuuming I thought, "there are 2 things I like about my vacuum, it's color (pink) and it's name (jaguar)." The rest of the things about my vacuum, I really dislike. It's the drag along type, but it doesn't drag well so I carry it (great bicep work out!), it doesn't pick up Dusty's hair very well, it works better in the backward motion than the forward, the list goes on and on. It's not that big of a deal, but it sure would be nice to have my old vacuum here. We didn't send it because it would have taken some drastic cleaning in order to make it up to par for inspection at the border.


Lately, I have been a bad blogger...I am not sure how many days I skipped, but now I am ready to go with a whole lota' things that have happened in the past few days.

Last Thursday the girls and I saw Santa at the library. They had mentioned that Mrs. Claus may be making an appearance, but I would have never guessed it would be Santa himself there! The girls had SO much fun!

Santa even did TRICKS! He was an AMAZING Santa!

He handed out jingle bells and the kids sang an Aussie version of the song.
Destiny again requested "treats" from Santa. Here they call treats, lollies, so the Santas that we have visited with are not quite sure what she means by treats. Also, when she says "treats" she leaves out the "r" so it sounds like "teats"...
At the library we made these lovely little trees. I had never seen this project before and I LOVE it! It's so easy and cute. Just cut a piece of paper in the triangle, fold in half, and cut shapes out of it. The turned out beaut!
Addi in her high chair with her bear. Right before I snapped this picture, she had the teddy bear all set up in her high chair and was feeding him. Too bad mommy's too slow with the camera!
This morning, Destiny grabbed her jingle bell bracelet that we made and said, "ho, ho, ho, merry Christmas!" and Addi blew a kiss...I think Addi thought Destiny said, "KISS-mas"...haha!
Aussie word o' the day: hire = rent. Instead of renting a car, you hire a car. I love finding these definitions out in real conversations...makes me look like a fool! haha!
There is a lot on the TO-DO today! So the girls and I are off and running!
Enjoy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment