Friday, December 31, 2010

On the fifth day of Christmas...

My true love took me to a crazy, kid filled science center!

We took off on an adventure through Questacon, the science center here in Canberra.
The girls loved every second of it. They got to explore and play all day.

The theme right now is how water works in our world. The center of the building contains and huge display of how rain falls from the sky to water the Earth. The girls both wanted to go for a swim :)

Destiny really liked building with the blocks.
Addi headed straight for the veterinarian play area. She just loves pupps (that's what she calls them)
Addi playing at the water table.
We had such a wonderful time exploring the science center. We have to go back some time :) The girls are the perfect age for experimenting in science!
As we left the parking lot, I noticed this line up. Matt's office is to the left of the flag and the monument that Matt calls "the chicken on the stick" is to the right of the flag.
Addi on the car ride home. What a happy baby girl! Today is her 1/2 birthday. Yep, that's right, she is officially 1 and a half! wow! Time flies!
This is the day that Destiny turned 3 1/2; on the 28th of Dec. We celebrated with yummy fairy bread!
It's so hard to believe that my girls are growing up so much. It has been fun to watch them grow and I am so happy I can spend each and every day with them helping them learn new things!
We received some lovely gifts from my cousin in the states...Matt with his STARBUCKS coffee!
He says, "thank you!"
This picture just snuck in there! It's some yummy corn bread I made! I am having tons of fun with my adventures in the kitchen!
Here's the picture that was supposed to come next :) haha! (I'll figure this blog thing out, some day!) The girls received special books from both my parents and my cousin. They are recordable books. When you open the book, you hear the voice of the person who gave it to you, reading the story. They are precious and wonderful gifts! The girls LOVE them too!

Happy New Years in the states!! We are celebrating New Years Day here today! We had great fun last night at a party hosted by another family who works for the Embassy. It was fun to get together with people from both the U.S. and Australia! Plus they live walking distance from our house which is nice! Destiny had a blast jumping on the trampoline and getting her make-up done by the older girls and Addi was a champ! Both the girls stayed up until 1 AM. As soon as we got home, their heads hit the pillow and they were fast asleep! However, Destiny was up bright and early at 7 A.M. (lucky us!)
What ever you are doing to celebrate, I hope you have a great time! We miss celebrating with our family and friends in the states! Be safe while you ring in the new year!
Well, I'm off to finish making lunch for the crew, we are having our first lettuces from the garden that we planted! I'm excited! We also have cucumbers, tomatoes, squash, bell peppers and carrots coming in! Dusty ate our first strawberry...that naughty dog! haha!
Enjoy today! I'll be back at you in 2011, tomorrow :)

1 comment:

  1. that dusty! what a sneaky girl! thanks for all the great pictures jill! You da best!

    ReplyDelete