Sunday, December 26, 2010

On the second day of Christmas...

My true love gave to me...A stocking full of kitchen goodies!

We spent a quiet Christmas at home. We opened gifts from one another on Christmas Eve and then opened gifts from Mr. Claus on Christmas day!

The BEST gifts EVER right there in my arms! Two little girlies in their jammies, who could ask for more!?!?

Above me is our little "Charlie Brown" Christmas tree!

Destiny and I wrote a letter to Santa and left it out with some cookies, milk, and a carrot for the reindeer!

Destiny did a drawing for Santa too!
Destiny still asks to write letters to Santa!
From Matt's mom and sister, the girls got some lovely Dr. Seuss books. So much fun!
Destiny's face is priceless here! She was so excited to get a DVD from Sue and Pa in North Dakota!
Addi is showing off one of her sand toys. She makes funny faces in pictures now, because she is saying "cheese"! haha!
Us.
Time to brush those teeth! The girls LOVE brushing them! ** I have even caught Destiny eating the tooth paste a time or two!
She's getting the back teeth really good :)
a special note about this picture: She wanted to wear her apron from Auntie Dianne because she was being a "maker"...setting out the plate for Santa with cookies and carrot! She calls me a "good maker" whenever she likes the food I have made for her!
The stockings were hung (but no chimney here!) Stuffed full of goodies from Old Saint Nic!


Chocolate Chip Pancakes were a special morning treat! We all enjoyed munching them through out the day.
Yesterday, someone told me that in just about every situation, less is more. You hear that saying SO much, but if you really sit back and think about it. It is so true. We had a "less is more" kind of Christmas and it just warms my heart to think back on it!
So, go make today a "less is more" type of day!
Enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment