Sunday, December 26, 2010

On the fourth day of Christmas...

My true love took me, to a place called Cockington Green!

Our adventures at Cockington Green started with a visit to the Roo and the Emu:

The Australian government uses the Roo and the Emu on their Coat of Arms.

Cockington Green is a garden "small scale" village, crafted by people who work with wood. The houses stand about as tall as Destiny, some are a little bit taller than her!
They had various trains running through the villages. These trains made me think of my Uncle Dave and cousin Hank! Destiny loved seeing the trains whizzing by her!
Lily pads.
The majority of the park is based off of houses or areas of England. There was also an international part that showed buildings from various countries around the world.
Though it was filled with people, this area seemed to be so peaceful!
Destiny by one of the "castles" in the International part of the park.
This is for all of my Norwegian friends :)
Destiny was SO happy to ride on the BIG train that goes through the park.
There was a cute little pond with this bridge over it. I thought it was so beautiful so each of the girls took a turn getting their picture on it.
We enjoyed a super yummy lunch, played at the playground a bit and called it a day!
Today we are off to explore the parliament area. We'll see what kind of trouble we can get into *wink wink*
Aussie word o' the day: Brumby = wild horse. There is a street near us named Brumby and I always thought that was a cool name of a street, Matt just informed me that it means "wild horse".
Try that one out on your friends today!
Special thoughts and prayers to one of my favorite Aunties (who follows the blog) she broke her ankle. We're thinking about you, Dianne!
Enjoy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment