Sunday, August 28, 2011

Juneberries in August

Hello Hello! How is your weekend winding down? This Sunday has offered me a nice rollerblading session {bonus = gorgeous sunrise}, church, a delicious meal of coconut shrimp and tons of fresh veg from the garden! Sounds like a good day to me!


Speaking of good days, we had a fantastic day last week celebrating so many special family events. My sister's first anniversary with her husband, my Dad's birthday and my Grandma's birthday! We celebrated at one of my favorite places to go. It's in the country a bit, on the lake, and serves some super yummy food!

They had a lovely sign to greet us as we entered the restaurant!

Most of my family was there for the delicious walleye fish. Ask me what I was there for and I'll say...THE PIE! {and the sun tea, but mostly the PIE!}

Part of our crew {Addo, me, my sis, her hubs, Dest, and Grandma!}

My JUMBO glass of sun tea! Fresh brewed right there on the porch!

3 lovely ladies.

The anniversary couple! 1 year ago they were getting married :)

Here is my yummy pie! I could not get it in my mouth fast enough! It was SO good!

After dinner, we always take a little walk around the place to check out the lake, people fishing, tee pees, etc.! It's a beautiful place!

Unfortunately, on our walk, we found a for sale sign. I am so sad to hear that one of my favorite places is for sale. I really really REALLY hope that I have not just drank my last sun tea or eaten my last piece of juneberry PIE! However, if I have...they will have to live on in my memory...and if I get super lonesome for them, I may just have to recreate them :)


Enjoy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment