Sunday, August 7, 2011

SPAAAAA DAY!

Hey Friends! Happy Sunday! How is yours going? Mine has involved a little sleeping in (staying in bed until 8:30...hey, it counts!!) a bike ride, some house cleaning, a walk, a glorious lunch, laying out in the sun while my babies splashed in the pool, and a conversation with my prince charming on the phone while doing laundry. I would say it's been a great day of balance!

Last week, the girls and I had a SPA DAY! It felt so good to go to the spa together and get ourselves all pretty! Before hitting the spa, we headed over for a morning at my Great Auntie's house!

Reading books with Super Great Auntie!

Addi reading her own.

It's so funny that Addi is copying what they are doing, but when asked to join them she says "no".



After our lovely visit, it was time to enjoy some pampering.

Destiny picked out blue nail polish. My sister, Bekki, has been taking Destiny to get her nails done since she was 1 1/2 years old. It's become quite the tradition for the two of them.

This time Addi got to join in the fun, picking out pink nail polish that didn't show up so they ended up purple!

Spa days are SO fun!

While the girls got their nails done, I got my hair cut. This is not my usual look, I just thought it would be fun to have bangs...I usually wear them to the side. I think I am squinting because I cannot handle the hair in my eyes. haha! I haven't had bangs since I very first met Matt online when I was in 7th grade!

Things brings me to my next "Only in Williston" segment:


The picture above is me with one of my best friends from high school! She was visiting Williston and we just had to go out for an evening of chit chat and catching up. We decided to roll with our old high school favorite, Applebees {gotta love the blondie!} Although the chit chat was awesome and the food was pretty good, our visit to Applebees left a bitter taste in my mouth. In our time there, 5 different men hit on us. I have never dined ANYWHERE and had such inappropriate behavior occur. It is evident that there is TOO much testosterone in this town! ha! It got so bad that we preferred to sit in the vehicle and chat! It makes me think of when Matt is out on the submarine that is just filled with men. I bet the same kind of reaction happens when they roll in to port and see a pretty lady! {of course, Matt is well-behaved...I'm talking about the single sailors!!!}


Not all the guys that have been brought here by the oil are like this, I will share a different story with you in my next Only in Williston segment that has a more positive spin!


Enjoy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment