Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Aussie Dreaming

Hey! Good morning! (almost afternoon here!)

Do you ever get that super excited feeling inside? Think back to when you were a kid and you just could not WAIT another minute to open that special gift from that special someone! My kids feel this way all the time (I think). Anyways, they act excited quite often. Why, in our aging, do we stop getting excited over things?

Well, today, I am feeling very excited. The kind of excited where you have butterflies flapping their little wings in your tummy and you can't wipe the smile off your face! I have had packing, moving, and most importantly DECORATING on my mind! Like most women, I am so excited to have a new house to decorate. In the moving process I have gone through "decorating stages". Here they are:

Stage 1: When we first found out we were moving (after I got over the fact that we were moving) I didn't know what the house would look like. For all I knew they lived in tee pees in Australia (just kidding!). I would dream about what the house would look like and how it would be decorated.

Stage 2: We got the house address and were able to use google map and look at the front of it. It was exciting to guess how many bed rooms or how many square feet it was. If the bedrooms were in the front of the house or the back? How to decorate the front door to make people feel welcome. (I even started making lists of what I thought would go in each room)

Stage 3: We received the pictures of the inside of the house. (still no floor plan though) I was able to envision what our decorations would look like in the house and what would go in each room.

Stage 4: Matt promised me a video of the house before I arrive. This is proving to be more difficult to send via Internet than he had originally thought. The house is furnished with items provided by the embassy. I am so excited to see what the furniture looks like and how it is placed. I'm also excited to request more furniture! Matt informed me that they did not provide night stands or bar stools so we will need to get those! (Matt is waiting for me to get there to do any of the decorating, at least that is what he promised me!)

Stage 5: This stage is coming up quickly. This stage is when we are actually there, in the house, pulling things out of boxes, and DECORATING for real! This will happen in a few short weeks!

I am so excited to have such a beautiful home for the next three years. Matt says right now it is just a house, but once me and the girls and ALL our stuff arrives it will be HOME!

This post is pretty wordy compared to most of my posts, but I have just had this on my mind this morning.

If you have any decorating tips or ideas, I would LOVE to hear them! I really enjoy turning a house into a home!

Aussie word of the day: Icy pole or ice block = Popsicle or lolly pop

Try that one out today!

It's gonna be a hot one here today, I think I'll go get an icy pole! (HOT for OCTOBER anyways :)

Enjoy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment