Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Waiting

Good {snowy} morning to you all!

If you are in North Dakota, I am sure you are just as surprised as I am at the amount of snow sparkling on our lawns. Hello, Blizzard, and I don't mean the Dairy Queen kind! heh-heh!

I hear it's super rainy in Washington too. Let's cross our fingers for a nice Halloween day so we can trick-or-treat in style (minus the snow pants or sweats).

I took this picture in the late afternoon yesterday. I thought this would be all the snow would amount to...boy was I wrong!
Story time with Grandma Sue.
This is what we woke up to this morning! The snow is about half way up the fence in the back yard! The girls want to go out and play in it. I'll have to round up some snow pants for some out door play time!
Something I've been thinking about the last couple days:
I feel like I'm just sitting here waiting for something spectacular to happen. I am all packed, ready to move. I have visited the people I wanted to visit. I am ready to go, but my ticket says I can't leave until Sunday. I feel like I'm stuck in "The Waiting Place" from one of my favorite books "Oh, the Places You'll Go!" by Dr. Seuss. Here's an excerpt from the book:
"...You can get so confused
that you'll start in to race
down long wiggled roads at a break-necking pace
and grind on for miles across weirdish wild space,
headed, I fear, toward a most useless place.
The Waiting Place...
...for people just waiting.
Waiting for a train to go
or a bus to come, or a plane to go
or the mail to come, or the rain to go
or the phone to ring, or the snow to snow
or waiting around for a Yes or No
or waiting for their hair to grow.
Everyone is just waiting.
Waiting for the fish to bite
or waiting for wind to fly a kite
or waiting around for Friday night
or waiting, perhaps, for their Uncle Jake
or a pot to boil, or a Better Break
or a string of pearls, or a pair of pants
or a wig with curls, or Another Chance.
Everyone is just waiting.
No!
That's not for you!
Somehow you'll escape
all that waiting and staying.
You'll find the bright places
where Boom Bands are playing."


I felt this way in Vegas too. I arrived at about 10 in the morning. My cousin didn't arrive until 3 in the afternoon. I sat in the hotel lobby just waiting...waiting for something spectacular. I knew the weekend in Vegas would be fabulous and there I just sat, waiting for the fabulousness to come.
I can't say that I'm bored, I just feel like I'm stuck. My life is on hold until I can get to where I'm supposed to be. Do you think there will be Boom Bands in Canberra? I hope so! :)
Thank goodness I have the daily chores and my little monkeys that keep me busy or I would go crazy! Especially on a day like today, where the snow is piled high and I have no intentions of leaving the house until the streets are cleaned!
Have you ever felt like you were just waiting for something to happen?
What did you do to make the time pass?
Here is a video that one of my friends on facebook posted. I am so excited to share it with you. It speaks the truth on Halloween candy! Enjoy!






Aussie word o' the day: Bush = the hinterland, the Outback, anywhere that isn't in town
Bush Bash = long competitive running or motorcar race through the bush
*you have to say bush bash out loud to get the full effect! :)
Maybe I found a new goal?!?! To compete in a BUSH BASH while I'm in Australia. I better look in to that!
Enjoy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment