Thursday, October 21, 2010

Top 10 Lessons Learned in Vegas 2010

G'day y'all! (a combo of Midwest and Aussie!)

I had such a wonderful time in Vegas. I'm still recovering. My ears have stopped ringing, my voice is a little stronger, but I'm still coughing and have a bit of a head cold. My body still wants to start dancing at about 10 PM every night; I'll have to start having dance parties with the girls again! So I decided that there were 10 lessons I learned in Vegas. I'll share them with you below. First, I feel like this blog needs a soundtrack. So here is one of my favorite songs from Vegas:



Lesson Number 1: Vegas Jill is not Typical Jill.
Here are pictures to prove it!

Vegas Jill wears a little more make-up
Vegas Jill dances in Taxis with shades on
Vegas Jill makes herself look fancy and has a lot of fun!
Lesson Number 2: Cameras can jump out of zipped purses and run away.
This is a long and amazing story. I was at the club Tao, in a crowd similar to the one pictured below. I noticed that my purse was open. I left the crowd, to take inventory and my camera was missing (along with two cliff bars). I walk over to a security guard and told him my camera was missing and he said, "I'm sorry". I thought he couldn't hear me so I said louder, "I lost my camera". Once again he said "I'm sorry". That is all the help I was offered. I called the number to a lost and found and received even less help.
When I arrived home, I noticed I had a friends request on my facebook page. With the request there was a message stating that this nice young man had found my camera! It's kind of creepy to think that through finding my camera he found me on facebook, but I am thrilled to be getting my camera back! Unfortunately, I lost it on my first night in Vegas, so there are not many pictures on it. Small world, and good karma to the nice man who found my camera and made such an effort to return it!
Lesson Number 3: I can have my cake (in a cup) and eat it too!
Me with my tiramisu in a cup at P.F. Changs
My fancy dessert at the Eiffel Tower Restaurant.
Lesson Number 4: Celebrity Birthday Parties are very fun!
Lili and I got on the VIP list for Kim Kardashian's Birthday party at Tao Nightclub.
It was really fun to be surrounded by so many people. We even brushed shoulders with Kim and her friends as they passed us in a hallway. Lili talked with Kim's mom, Kris! Crazy!
Lesson Number 5: I have a strong interest in rugby! haha!
At Tao, we met a group of guys from Australia! They were a rugby team from Sydney! It was so much fun to be able to visit with them about Aussie life. I learned a lot from the Aussies I met in Vegas! Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would meet Aussies in Vegas!
Lesson Number 6: Eating is over-rated. (so is maid service) We were so busy it was hard to find time to eat. We ended up eating a few times at a place called Tacos and Tequila in the Luxor (right below our room).
We had our name on the list two times at Mesa Grill, but didn't hang out long enough to be seated and eat! We had too much to do and see!
*we never once had the maids come clean our room!
Lesson number 7: Doing your own make-up is hard work.
Lili and I loved visiting the gals at MAC in Macy's. They were happy to do our make-up for us! We even got our hair done one night! It was so much fun to dress up and have a good time.
Lesson Number 8: People really do fall over the ledge at Luxor.
Luxor is the hotel we stayed at. It is the pyramid shaped hotel. We were on the 25th floor and so afraid to walk close to the ledge. At Pure Nightclub, I was visiting with someone and they told me one of their friends had fallen over the ledge at Luxor. From then on, I clung even tighter to the wall as I walked to my room!
Here is a picture of our room at Luxor, Lili decorated with streamers, balloons and a special banner.
Lesson Number 9: Room service is the key to happiness.
Upon arrival, Matt had a dozen roses, a bottle of wine, cheese plate, crackers/bread, chocolate covered strawberries, a box of chocolates and shaved chocolate. It was incredible!
Lesson Number 10: Cousins are unstoppable!
I had such a blast with my lili. She made this birthday trip such a joy! Thanks to her, this was one of the best birthdays I have ever had!
we are off to library story time this morning and my parents are off to Vegas for their fun time there! yahoooo!
Enjoy today!

2 comments:

  1. Oh jill, i love you! Once i read the part about how eating and maid service are over-rated, i couldnt stop laughing! its so true! I had such a fun time and am SO thankful to have a friend, cousin, and sister like you. No matter the miles between us, we will always remain close. Plus, i loved the background music!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I just realized what the screen says on the back group music! Please forgive me for posting something that said that on it! I just wanted to hear the song, I didn't even look at the screen. I am so sorry if I offended any one!

    ReplyDelete