Friday, October 1, 2010

Go ahead...Try it!!

Happy 1st day of my BIRTHDAY MONTH!!! (14 days until VEGAS...a.k.a...my birthday!)

I hope your day is beautiful! Mine has started out insane...that's right...I did one of my Insanity workout video tapes this morning. Boy they make me SWEAT!! Then we headed out for a visit at my Mona's house! The girls love reading books with their Super Great Auntie Mona and I was able to help her out with a couple of things. It's nap time now and soon I will be floating on a cloud...a.k.a...getting a massage!


Remember the fairy bread I asked you to look up a recipe for, well, here it is! I worked with a gal from Canberra when I was student teaching, she introduced me to fairy bread! Charming, isn't it? Here is a "recipe" that I found online:
How to make it:
White bread. Fresh, fluffy and not too holey.
Spread liberally with butter or margarine. Make sure to reach into all four corners. Don't freak out about how much butter is used - you only need need to make the bread an adhesive surface.
Take the 100's & 1000's and prepare them for sprinkling
Shake 100's & 1000's over buttered bread. Don't worry about spillage - you'll soon become a master of shaking onto bread only.
Slice in half, diagonally. DO NOT cut into halves from any of the straight edges. Your fairy bread will taste significantly different.
Display your finished fairy bread on top of each other. Pile them up, they won't stick to each other if you've used plenty of 100's & 1000's.
Eat!!

I have a NEW GOAL for Australia! Here it is: Each time I go to the grocery store it is a goal to pick up something NEW to try!! Matt said that won't be a problem; there are plenty of products that he has never seen before! Here are a few of the things I am excited to try:

Iced VOVO

lamingtons


meat pie -- I have been excited for these for at least 4 years now (I didn't even know I was going to move to Australia when I heard of these puppies...I just knew I had to get my hands on one!)

Tim Tams minus the coffee (make mine tea!)

Vegemite (I am curious if it tastes as horrible as it sounds! haha) My guess is that it's an acquired taste!?!?!
If you take the time to come visit us in Australia we will share some of these wonderful foods with you...we may even serve you some Roo for dinner! heh-heh!
Since Addi is off in dream land, it's time for Destiny to get busy on her Wonder Pets Activity book! I gotta go help her with the dot-to-dot...oh the joys of being a mommy! Gotta love every second of it!

Enjoy today!

1 comment:

  1. My mum used to make fairy bread for me to take to school when I was little (after we had moved to America) but I made her stop becuase so many people made fun of me for it :(

    All of the things you mentioned above (except for tim tams and vegemite which you can find at any corner shop or grocery store) you'll find at a bakery. Australian bakeries are so amazing!!! They are the main thing that keeps me from moving back to Washington lol!

    ReplyDelete