Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Stop, Drop and ROLLLLLLL!

Hello!

You guessed it, this morning we have been working on fire safety in this house. Destiny attended library story time last week and since it was "Fire Prevention Week" she received a packet of information on fire safety. Today was our day to work through that packet. I think we stopped, dropped, and rolled 25 times and did the "get out and stay out" procedure at least 30. What can I say, my daughter likes to "get out and stay out" of the house! haha!

I took this picture this morning. I just think pears are so pretty! They kind of each have their own "personality" in a way. I like having them to decorate the window sill.
This is a fun project that Destiny and I did about a week ago. Destiny LOVES going on "hunts" so we went on a "hunt" in our neighborhood for some Autumn things like leaves, pine cones, etc. I took a paper plate and cut a circle out of the center, we hot glued the leaves on the plate and it is now hanging as a wreath. I call if a leaf wreath, which is really quite fun to say! Try it out with your munchkin (if you have one). It was a great project!
Here is a picture from last Sunday. Destiny and 2nd cousin, Caelic reading in Destiny's bed. It was so sweet to see them reading together.
There is just something special about family gathering around the table (and a football game) that makes a Sunday afternoon really wonderful! I am so blessed with a great family and I loved that my Uncle and his family took the time to come visit me before I head to Australia!
Speaking of Oz, we have great news! Our lovely dog Dusty will be able to get out of quarantine as scheduled! They had done some lab work incorrectly in the states and the vet in Australia had to repeat the test, but it came back negative and she is good to go on her Oct. 23rd release date! That's not that long! Still keep thinking about her and praying for her. I bet she is just wondering why we abandoned her!

Matt is doing really well, he is putting in a new computer system at work this week so he expects long hours. However, he had Monday off for Columbus day and gets Friday off as well. Life can't be that bad when you are working 3 days out of the week! He is busy setting up our house too. He went shopping for bedding for the girls and came home with ADORABLE bedding!

I am busy preparing for "the trip of a lifetime!" I head to Vegas on Thursday! I not only have to get myself ready, but my girls ready too. The girls are staying with Grandpa and Grandma, but I want them to be all set up with the things they need. I am so excited to celebrate my birthday and just have a break before heading over to Oz. I feel like I try to tell any one that will possibly listen to me about how excited I am to take this trip!

A fun Aussie word of the day: Bloody = very i.e. I'm bloody tired.

Try that one out on a friend today :)

Enjoy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment